Deep Silver and developer Fishlabds have announced today that they’ll be releasing a brand new, next-gen game on Stadia in 2021. Yeah, it’s still some time away, but it’s worth taking note anyway as the game looks incredible.
Chorus was revealed during the Inside Xbox event that ran today where we got to see what the game is all about. In Chorus, you take on the role of ex-cultist Nara, an ace pilot with a dark past, and a second character, Forsaken – a sentient AI starfighter and Nara’s closest ally. You control both characters at the same time during the story-driven single-player campaign which sees players fight to free the galaxy from the evil clutches of the Circle, an oppressive cult.
- Take control of Nara, once the Circle’s deadliest warrior, now their most wanted fugitive, on a quest to destroy the dark cult that created her. Unlock devastating weapons and mind-bending abilities in a true evolution of the space-combat shooter. Along with Forsaken, her sentient starfighter, explore ancient temples, engage in exhilarating zero-g combat, and venture beyond our waking reality.
- A journey of redemption – Lead Nara, an ace pilot facing her haunted past, and Forsaken, her sentient ship. Their quest for redemption will take them across the galaxy and beyond the boundaries of reality, as they fight to unite resistance forces against the Circle and their leader, the Great Prophet, at all costs.
- Venture beyond the void – Enter a dark new universe, teeming with mystery and rife with conflict. Explore epic locations such as sprawling space stations and strange planes of existence beyond our own. Engage in exhilarating zero-g dogfights from epic cosmic vistas to tight crystalline corridors. Chorus balances the scale and spectacle of space exploration with frenetic, fast-paced action.
- One pilot, one ship, one living weapon – Attain powerful and distinct weapons and combat upgrades. Master your ship’s unique drift mechanic and deadly mind-bending abilities, including extra-sensory perception, teleportation and telekinesis, to overcome massive hordes of enemies and take down titanic battleships. Chain your powers together to become the ultimate living weapon.
- A compelling single-player experience
- Play as dual protagonists Nara and her sentient AI companion and starfighter, Forsaken, on a personal journey of redemption
- Experience fast-paced, frenetic action that evolves the spirit of classic space shooters
- Fight to unite resistance forces against the Circle and their ominous leader the Great Prophet
- Face down hordes of enemy starfighters, titanic battleships and unknown Void entities
- Reclaim, upgrade and wield devastating weapons and abilities in zero-g dogfights
- Explore a dark new sci-fi universe, teeming with mystery and conflict
- Enjoy gorgeous next-gen sci-fi visuals in 4K, from cosmic vistas to sprawling space stations
- Fully engineered to take advantage of next-gen hardware, enhancements include:
- Ray-traced reflections
- 4K resolution at 60fps
- Advanced enemy ship destruction
- Higher quality volumetrics
- Richer environmental effects